GAVBLOG

Where you and I can interface online.

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Walk-In or Mail-In?

Which do you think is better for selecting contestants for reality TV? The reason I ask is this, yesterday morning I went to an open casting call for Richard Branson’s “The Billionaire.”

[They opened the doors at 10am. I showed up at 1pm and was done by 2pm. I had a wristband that said I was number 158. They might have ended up with 200-250 total by 5pm when the doors closed.]

It was a group interview: 10 applicants to 2 casting directors. They asked two questions to get conversation going, 1) Name, Age, and Occupation, then 2) Would you rather work for a man or a woman? That’s it. It was clear right away that not everyone was going to get equal time. In fact, it was over before you knew it.

I didn’t get called back and I will refrain from listing my speculations. I find it very interesting that I have sent in 5 video applications and 2 of them elicited call backs (The Benefactor and another that shall remain nameless until I hear the results) but my one live appearance didn’t go anywhere. Curious.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its tough - they are looking for specifics, and if you dont key it right away on either a tape or audition, you loose - but you seem to have good tapes - so keep that up

June 28, 2004 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger MLG said...

I have their undivided attention on a tape.

June 30, 2004 at 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home